Wednesday, January 27, 2016

It's the Little Things

I feel like I've said this a lot the past few months. I am officially in my final month of pregnancy and feel like I've experienced more than I thought I would. I took a tumble on the ice which left me completely bedridden for a little less than a week. (and when I say "completely bedridden", I mean my husband had to stay home from work so I could have someone take me to the bathroom) Then I had a bought of inexplicable contractions that showed every sign of labor except the actual labor part, so yet another trip to the hospital where I left with a pat on the head and an invitation to come back if I ever felt the need. As our family has been prepping for the arrival of this little one, I've been brought back to just how many small and seemingly insignificant victories we achieve every day. While I was recovering from my fall, it was a victory just to be able to roll over in bed all by myself at first. Then, it was a victory to be able to sit up unaided and so on. Now my little victories include being able to write this blog post in one sitting without having to move back to the bed to rest my weary back.
I've also noticed the little things my husband does for our family more. While we're still just a family of 2 1/2, I've noticed he takes care to do my dishes for me after dinner. He'll hold me while I tremble with uncontrollable panic that seemed to just come out of nowhere. He'll whisper in my ear the words of affirmation I can't always give myself. It's these "little things" that help me to go on with courage.
I was told through the mouth of a child recently that when you are exercising faith, you are exercising courage. I know that when I move forward in these little victories in life, I will have the courage to face the bigger challenges that lay ahead, all thanks to my Savior, who makes it possible for me to press forward in His strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment